Profile: Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex
- North America’s largest nitrogen complex, at capacity shipping more than 5.0 million tons of anhydrous ammonia, granular urea, and UAN solution annually.
- Includes five anhydrous ammonia plants, four urea plants (three are granular) and two UAN solution plants.
- Located on 1,400-acre site on Mississippi River in Donaldsonville, Louisiana (population: 7,500).
- Access to multiple modes of transport (barge, rail, pipeline, and truck), providing flexibility in serving agricultural, industrial, and other markets.
- Employs approximately 400 CF Industries employees, as well as approximately 300 contract employees.
- Uses approximately 310,000 mmBTU of natural gas daily at capacity.