CF Industries operates an integrated manufacturing and distribution system, providing agricultural and industrial customers a reliable source of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizers. The company manufactures nitrogen products at seven large complexes, located in Courtright, ON, Donaldsonville, LA, Medicine Hat, AB, Port Neal, IA, Verdigris, OK, Woodward, OK, and Yazoo City, MS. It manufactures phosphate at mining and production operations in Central Florida. It distributes products through one of the industry’s largest networks of terminals and warehouses, many of them in Midwestern states with excellent access to rail, water, and pipeline transport. CF Industries also serves international customers through KEYTRADE AG, a leading global fertilizer trading company in which it acquired a 50 percent interest in 2007, and owns 50% joint ventures in the U.K. and The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Its Courtright, ON Nitrogen Complex produces a full line of nitrogen fertilizers and industrial products, including anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, urea, and urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) solution.
- Its Donaldsonville, LA Nitrogen Complex is North America’s largest and likely its most flexible operation. The complex produces anhydrous ammonia, granular urea, and UAN solution for agricultural and industrial use.
- Its Medicine Hat, AB Nitrogen Complex is Canada’s largest. The complex produces anhydrous ammonia and granular urea.
- Its Port Neal, IA Nitrogen Complex consists of an ammonia plant, two urea plants, two nitric acid plants and a UAN solution plant. The vast majority of the complex’s output serves customers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Missouri.
- Its Verdigris, OK Nitrogen Complex is the largest UAN solution production facility in North America.
- Its Woodward, OK Nitrogen Complex contains an integrated ammonia/methanol plant and an upgraded plant that consists of an acid, urea and UAN solution plant.
- Its Yazoo City, MS Nitrogen Complex consists of one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate (AN) plant, two urea plants, a UAN solution plant and a dinitrogen tetroxide production and storage facility.
- Its Central Florida Phosphate Operations include a rock mine and beneficiation plant in Hardee County, an integrated fertilizer complex in Plant City, and terminal and warehousing facilities at the Port of Tampa.
- Its Distribution Facilities include over 20 ammonia terminals, as well as seven dry products warehouses and 16 UAN solution terminals, located primarily in Midwestern U.S. states.
- Its KEYTRADE AG partner is a leading global fertilizer trading company based near Zurich, Switzerland. KEYTRADE trades fertilizer in more than 90 nations and has offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Its GrowHow UK Ltd. partner is a leading manufacturer of nitrogen fertilizer in the UK, and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities.
- Its 50% interest in Point Lisas Nitrogen Limited in The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago consists of an ammonia facility with a long-term, beneficial gas contract.
In addition to its manufacturing capabilities, CF Industries has the ability to source products from offshore producers, receive them at its Donaldsonville, LA nitrogen complex and its Tampa terminal, and market them through its distribution network.