CF Industries operates an integrated manufacturing and distribution system, providing agricultural and industrial customers a reliable source of nitrogen fertilizers. The company manufactures nitrogen products at seven large complexes, located in Courtright, ON, Donaldsonville, LA, Medicine Hat, AB, Port Neal, IA, Verdigris, OK, Woodward, OK, and Yazoo City, MS. It distributes products through one of the industry’s largest networks of terminals and warehouses, many of them in Midwestern states with excellent access to rail, water, and pipeline transport. CF Industries also serves international customers through KEYTRADE AG, a leading global fertilizer trading company in which it acquired a 50 percent interest in 2007, and owns 50 percent joint ventures in the U.K. and the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Its Courtright, ON Nitrogen Complex produces a full line of nitrogen fertilizers and industrial products, including anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, urea, urea liquor and urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) solution, and serves customers in eastern Canada and the northern United States
- Its Donaldsonville, LA Nitrogen Complex is North America’s largest and likely its most flexible operation. The complex can produce and ship approximately five million tons of nitrogen fertilizer per year including anhydrous ammonia, granular urea, and UAN solution for agricultural and industrial use.
- Its Medicine Hat, AB Nitrogen Complex is Canada’s largest. The complex produces anhydrous ammonia and granular urea and serves customers in western Canada and the northern United States.
- Its Port Neal, IA Nitrogen Complex consists of an ammonia plant, two urea plants, two nitric acid plants and a UAN solution plant. The vast majority of the complex’s output serves customers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota and Missouri.
- Its Verdigris, OK Nitrogen Complex is the largest UAN solution production facility in North America.
- Its Woodward, OK Nitrogen Complex contains an ammonia plant and upgrading capability that consists of two nitric acid, two urea and two UAN solution plants.
- Its Yazoo City, MS Nitrogen Complex consists of one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate (AN) plant, two urea plants, a UAN solution plant and a dinitrogen tetroxide production and storage facility.
- Its Distribution Facilities include 23 company owned and 51 leased facilities located primarily in midwestern U.S. states.
- Its KEYTRADE AG partner is a leading global fertilizer trading company based near Zurich, Switzerland. KEYTRADE trades fertilizer in more than 90 nations and has offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Its GrowHow UK Ltd. partner is a leading manufacturer of nitrogen fertilizer in the UK, and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities.
- Its 50 percent interest in Point Lisas Nitrogen Limited in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago consists of an ammonia facility with a long-term, beneficial gas contract.
In addition to its manufacturing capabilities, CF Industries has the ability to source products from offshore producers, receive them at its Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex and market them through its distribution network.