Port Neal Nitrogen Complex
- CF Industries’ Port Neal Nitrogen Complex is located on 1,700 acres in the Port Neal Industrial Complex along the Missouri River, approximately 15 miles south of Sioux City, Iowa, in the heart of the U.S. Corn Belt
- Site of a $1.7 billion capacity expansion project with expected completion in 2016
- Up to 850,000 tons of nitrogen products for agricultural and industrial use
- Anhydrous ammonia
- Urea liquor
- Urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) solutions
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)
- Granular urea (planned for 2016)
- Approximately 240 permanent employees
- In addition, the company’s expansion project will create up to 2,000 construction jobs at peak and an estimated 700 jobs in related industries
- $1.7 billion capacity expansion project announced in 2012 and on track for completion in 2016
- Among the largest economic development projects in Iowa history
- Takes advantage of proximity to abundant natural gas (the primary feedstock for nitrogen production) and a skilled local workforce
- Triples the complex’s ammonia production and enables production of granular urea
- Contributes to a more assured supply of nitrogen fertilizer for American farmers
- Source of long-term direct and indirect positive economic impact to the Siouxland region
As a premier employer in the Siouxland area, CF Industries employees enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Company-provided short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance and tuition reimbursement
- On-the-job training
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
To explore open positions, please visit our Careers page. In the Search Criteria form select “United States”, “Iowa” and “Sgt. Bluff” to find Port Neal openings.
Commitment to Environmental Health and Safety
- Safety and the well-being of employees and communities is CF Industries’ highest priority. This is expressed daily in the company’s culture, training and awareness.
- Port Neal complex employees have achieved more than five years without a lost-time injury. Employees undergo safety training, conduct safety and environmental audits and work closely with local emergency responders.
- Environmental stewardship is also a high priority—both on site and in the transport and use of products. CF Industries has committed significant resources to minimize emissions.
- The fertilizer manufacturing industry is highly regulated. We understand and welcome this oversight, and operate in strict compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
At the Port Neal complex, we consider Siouxland our extended family and support a number of nonprofit organizations through both volunteerism and charitable giving, including:
- United Way of Siouxland
- Future Farmers of America
- Little League
- Science fairs
- Toys for Tots
- Siouxland Habitat for Humanity
- Ronald McDonald House
- Environmental conservation groups
- Local chambers of commerce and other business organizations, including the Grow Siouxland Task Force and Agribusiness Association of Iowa
- August 31, 2014: CF Expansion Boon to Local Economy
- August 17, 2014: CF Pours Huge Quantities of Concrete at Construction Site
- July 31, 2014: CF Industries Continues Expansion Project
- July 17, 2014: Sioux City Area Gets its First Barge Shipment in Over a Decade
- June 2, 2014: Development Spotlight: CF Industries Fertilizer Plant
- April 25, 2014: CF Industries Making Progress at $1.7 billion Port Neal Expansion Project
- March 30, 2014: CF Industries $1.7 Billion Port Neal Expansion Underway
- February 23, 2014: CF Accepts Guard/Reserve Employer Award
- November 22, 2013: CF Plant Manager “Looking Forward” to Expanding Port Neal Plant
- September 17, 2013:Green Light for CF Industries $1.7 Billion Expansion
- March 31, 2013: CF Starts Hiring for Record Port Neal Expansion
- November 15, 2012: CF Industries to Expand Port Neal Manufacturing Plant
- Local: Kim Mathers, Public Relations Consultant, at 712/823-1243 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate: Susan Fisher, Corporate Communications Manager, at 847/405-2551 or email@example.com
- CF Industries permanent employment: Visit our Careers page. In the Search Criteria form select “United States”, “Iowa” and “Sgt. Bluff” to find Port Neal openings.
- Expansion project work as direct hire of general contractor Performance Contractors Inc.: Learn about openings by calling Performance's recruitment center at 2480 Port Neal Drive in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa, at 712-823-1095. Complete an online application on Performance's website.
- Subcontractors seeking work on the expansion project: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Support Inquiries
- Joy Thompson, Senior Administrative Support, at 712/233-6262 or email@example.com
General Mailing Address
Port Neal Nitrogen Complex
1182 260th Street
Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054