Employer or neighbor? We believe companies can and should be both.
As an employer of choice in more than 30 communities in Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States, we do more than just provide well-paying jobs. We are integral members of communities, striving to make a meaningful difference beyond the boundaries of our facilities.
How CF Invests in Communities
Our community giving strategy is highly local and designed to benefit the more than 30 communities in Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States where our manufacturing and distribution facilities are located. The nature of our support depends on the needs of each community and falls within three strategic focus areas of Community Education, Community Safety and Community Development.
CF believes education is critical to our future, enabling growth, development and innovations for a brighter future. That's why we focus so intently on supporting educational initiatives in the communities where we live and work. Through the unique partnerships we build, we strive to open a world of opportunities for children in our hometowns.
The initiatives we’ve undertaken recently include:
- Our Verdigris team donated $35,000 to support Rogers County schools in easing the technology and access barriers to distance learning necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Raising awareness about STEM degrees and careers
- Educating community members about wastewater treatment and sustainability
- Donating carbon credits for agriculture education
Just as we are committed to safe operations within our facilities, we’re committed to supporting safety initiatives in our communities. For example, our Distributions Facilities regularly support the purchases of safety equipment by local first responders, such as the purchase of training manikins, emergency thermal imaging cameras, a swift water rescue boat trailer and much more. We also regularly sponsor first responder attendance at training by the Ammonia Safety Training Institute.
We are active in our local communities, sponsoring charity events for civic organizations and volunteering our time. During 2020, our locations and employees helped meet the significant needs created by the COVID-19 pandemic, including donating surgical masks and other personal protective equipment to hospitals, nursing homes and other health care organizaitons. The company also donated $550,000 to organizations fighting hunger, with a particular focus on local food banks.
Our locations also continued to target their traditional fundraising efforts in support of local organizations.
Charitable Contributions Reports
We believe in supporting great causes with both our time and money. But we also believe it's important for you to know what those causes are. That's why we publish a semi-annual report itemizing our charitable contributions that exceed $20,000 in that time period. We provide additional educational and local support that does not meet this threshold.
- 2020 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2019 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2018 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2017 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2016 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2015 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2014 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2013 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report
- 2012 CF Industries Charitable Contributions Report