CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports First Half 2022 Net Earnings of $2.05 Billion, Adjusted EBITDA of $3.60 Billion
By: Corporate Communications
August 1, 2022
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF), a leading global manufacturer of hydrogen and nitrogen products, today announced results for the first half and second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
- First half net earnings of $2.05 billion(1), or $9.78 per diluted share and EBITDA(2) of $3.47 billion, which include the impact of pre-tax restructuring charges of $162 million related to the Company’s UK operations; adjusted EBITDA(2) of $3.60 billion
- Second quarter net earnings of $1.17 billion(1), or $5.58 per diluted share, and EBITDA(2) of $1.80 billion, which include the impact of pre-tax restructuring charges of $162 million related to the Company’s UK operations; adjusted EBITDA(2) of $1.95 billion
- Trailing twelve months net cash from operating activities of $4.45 billion, free cash flow(3) of $3.61 billion
- Repurchased approximately 6.6 million shares for $590 million during the first half of 2022
- CF Industries and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. have signed a joint development agreement for the companies’ proposed export-oriented greenfield ammonia production facility in the United States to produce blue ammonia
“The CF Industries team delivered a strong operational performance and leveraged our manufacturing and logistics flexibility to drive outstanding results in the first half of 2022, despite weather-related challenges during the North American planting and fertilizer application season,” said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. “We continue to believe it will take several years to replenish global grains stocks, underscoring the critical role CF Industries plays supplying nutrients to farmers around the world during a period when marginal producers in Europe and Asia face production curtailments due to historically high natural gas prices.”
Read the full press release here.