CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2022 Net Earnings of $883 Million, Adjusted EBITDA of $1.65 Billion
By: Corporate Communications
May 4, 2022
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF), a leading global manufacturer of hydrogen and nitrogen products, today announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022.
- First quarter net earnings of $883 million(1), EBITDA(2) of $1.68 billion and adjusted EBITDA(2) of $1.65 billion
- Trailing twelve months net cash from operating activities of $3.69 billion, free cash flow(3) of $2.80 billion
- North American manufacturing network achieved record first quarter gross ammonia, urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) production volumes
- Board of Directors increased quarterly dividend by 33 percent to $0.40 per share
- Company redeemed $500 million in debt on April 21, 2022, lowering gross long-term debt to $3 billion
- Repurchased approximately 1.3 million shares for $100 million during the first quarter of 2022
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and CF Industries announced intention to jointly develop an export-oriented greenfield ammonia production facility in the United States to produce blue ammonia
“We ran our plants extremely well during the first quarter and expanded our considerable logistics capabilities to help North American customers prepare for the spring fertilizer application season,” said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. “Global grains stocks remain extremely low, an issue that has become amplified because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. We think it will take at least 2-3 years to replenish global grains stocks.”
To read the complete press release, go here.