CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports First Nine Months 2023 Net Earnings of $1.25 Billion, Adjusted EBITDA of $2.17 Billion
By: Corporate Communications
November 1, 2023
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF), a leading global manufacturer of hydrogen and nitrogen products, today announced results for the first nine months and third quarter ended September 30, 2023.
- First nine months 2023 net earnings of $1.25 billion(1), or $6.42 per diluted share, EBITDA(2) of $2.15 billion, and adjusted EBITDA(2) of $2.17 billion
- Third quarter 2023 net earnings of $164 million, or $0.85 per diluted share, EBITDA of $372 million, and adjusted EBITDA of $445 million
- Trailing twelve months net cash from operating activities of $2.86 billion and free cash flow(3) of $1.96 billion
- Agreement with POSCO Holdings, Inc., to evaluate a joint venture to construct a low-carbon clean ammonia plant at CF Industries’ Blue Point Complex in Ascension Parish, Louisiana, United States, along with long-term low-carbon clean ammonia offtake into South Korea
- Repurchased 1.9 million shares for $150 million during the third quarter of 2023
“The CF Industries team continues to execute well,” said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. “Global nitrogen industry fundamentals remain favorable and forward energy curves suggest attractive margin opportunities for the foreseeable future. As a result, we expect to continue to drive strong cash generation, underpinning our ability to create long-term shareholder value through disciplined investments in growth opportunities and returning substantial capital to shareholders.”
Read the full press release.